The small black Airport Essentials Backpack from Think Tank makes a photographer's life easy since on the outside, it resembles an ordinary piece of luggage while the inside speaks differently. The pack is rated to hold your standard DSLR, 4-6 basic zooms plus your iPad and 13" laptop. It's sized to handle your 300mm f/2.8 so if you're a nature or sports shooter, you're covered.
Think Tank has designed this bag both for functionality and security since it comes with a security cable and lock that can be tied to a reception hall column or fence leaving you to remove your gear while the rest of the pack stays safely tethered. Even the strong YKK zippered sliders accept user-supplied locks for maximum protection and peace of mind while on the job. Inside, padded movable dividers allow you to arrange the guts of the bag in whatever way you choose. Your computers are stored in their own, separate lockable, zippered compartment. For even more flexibility and security, you can store your optional Artificial Intelligence Laptop case within the computer pocket.
You have multiple ways of carrying the pack from its adjustable harness system and removable waist belt to the very convenient handles situated on three sides. The harness has enhanced lumbar support and air mesh paneling that will help keep you cool while the pack is on your back. And no need to worry about getting caught in bad weather since the pack is supplied with a neat rain cover that stores inside when not needed. A sternum strap is also provided to help maintain balance while walking. The Airport Essentials also accepts Think Tank's optional Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt that will assist with stability as well as increased load capacity.
Your tripod can be secured to the pack with its feet in a supplied exterior pocket and head tied with a supplied strap. For small accessories, the inside flap has laminated mesh pockets for everything from memory cards to a snack.
The exterior of the pack is made from a combination of ballistic nylon, polyester and nylon webbing all treated for water-resistance. The inside is nylon and polyurethane with padded, closed cell foam dividers. For a small pack that holds this much gear, it's relatively lightweight at a maximum of 3.6 lb. Think Tank backs the Airport Essentials with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Does not look like a traditional camera backpack. Included security cable and combination lock allows you to lock the laptop case or to immovable objects. This security cable is very effective when you have to leave your gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support and Air Mesh paneling to help keep your back cool
- Robust handles on three sides ensures rapid and easy retrieval from overhead bins, car trunks
- Seam sealed rain cover helps protect your gear. Stows away inside backpack when not in use
- Compatible with optional Think Tank Artificial Intelligence Laptop cases
- The inside flap has see-through laminated mesh pockets for various accessories such as note pads, energy bars, memory card wallets, instruction books, and other items
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system
- YKK RC-Fuse zipper and highest quality materials throughout. Lockable zipper sliders for additional security
- The removable waist belt allows the optional Pro Speed belt or Thin Skin Belt to be used which increases carrying capacity, stability and functionality
Standard DSLR with 4-6 standard zoom lenses. Quick access pockets hold a 13" laptop and iPad; holds 13" laptop and iPad in a separate, integrated, locking zippered compartment: accommodates a 300mm f/2.8 lens attached a standard sized camera body
Carry-On Form Factor
FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 36.5" (92.7 cm)