The black Airport Commuter Backpack from Think Tank is larger than Think Tank's Airport Essentials Backpack and is sized to hold a pro size DSLR, 4-6 standard zooms, your iPad and 15" laptop. The extra space this bag provides allows you to take along your 400mm f/2.8 attached to the camera body or your 500mm f/4 unattached. Your gear is nested within the supplied padded dividers in any configuration you choose while your computers are tucked safely away in their own separate, zippered lockable compartment.
Overall, the pack is designed for maximum efficiency and portability and meets the needs of the pro shooter who needs a quick access pack that both travels well and is secure. The exterior is made from a combination of ballistic nylon and polyurethane for strength and water resistance while the inside is nylon with padded closed cell foam dividers. For security, the pack comes with a security cable and lock that can be tied to any solid object such as a reception hall column or fence. This allows you to remove gear knowing that the rest of the pack will remain where you leave it. The strong YKK zippers on the pack can also be locked with user-supplied locks for even more peace of mind.
As part of Think Tank's Airport series, the Airport Commuter makes your traveling life easy and comfortable. There are carry handles on three sides and the adjustable harness comes with beefed up lumbar support and Air Mesh paneling to keep your back cool while on the march. For sheer convenience, the adjustable shoulder straps even have elastic pockets for your iPhone or business cards. The waist belt is removable and can accept Think Tank's optional Pro Speed Belt or Thin Skin Belt that will make portability more comfortable as well as increase your load capacity. Inside, the main flap has see-through laminated mesh pockets for storing everything from memory cards to snacks.
For marginal weather, the pack comes with an easily deployed rain cover. The tripod mounting system places the feet in a side pocket and the head secured with an included strap. While you're on the move, use the side water bottle pocket for instant refreshment without having to stop, remove the entire pack and retrieve liquid. And, when you're at the airport, the top zippered pocket is the perfect place to store your passport.
It may not look like your traditional photo backpack but it sure works like one. With its immense capacity, ease of use and security features, the Airport Commuter is a pack to be reckoned with. It's backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Does not look like a traditional camera backpack. Included security cable and combination lock allows you to lock the laptop case or to immovable objects. This security cable is very effective when you have to leave your gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support and Air Mesh paneling to help keep your back cool
- Robust handles on three sides ensures rapid and easy retrieval from overhead bins, car trunks
- Seam sealed rain cover helps protect your gear. Stows away inside backpack when not in use
- Compatible with optional Think Tank Artificial Intelligence Laptop cases
- The inside flap has see-through laminated mesh pockets for various accessories such as note pads, energy bars, memory card wallets, instruction books, and other items
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system
- YKK RC-Fuse zipper and highest quality materials throughout. Lockable zipper sliders for additional security
- The removable waist belt allows the optional Pro Speed belt or Thin Skin Belt to be used which increases carrying capacity, stability and functionality
Pro DSLR with 6-8 standard zoom lenses. Quick access pockets hold a 15" laptop and iPad; holds 15" laptop and iPad in a separate, integrated, locking zippered compartment; accommodates a 400mm f/2.8 attached to a camera body or a 500mm f/4 unattached
Carry-On Form Factor
FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 39.0" (99.1 cm)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.