Commonly referred to as the workhorse of the pros, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED from Nikon is a versatile standard zoom characterized by its bright and sophisticated optical design. The constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance and illumination throughout the zoom range, and suits working in low light and for working with selective focus techniques. Three precision glass molded aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Also benefitting image quality, both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, complementing the imaging capabilities, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Standard zoom is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.